Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Pumpkin Chili

Don't knock it till you've tried it. It is a great fall recipe.

1 pound ground beef or turkey
1 onion chopped
1 green pepper chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1  15 oz can diced tomatoes
1 15 oz can tomato sauce
1 15 oz kidney beans (not drained)
1 can of pumpkin
2  tablespoons chili powder
1 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp of pumpkin pie spice (or more to taste)
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 dash salt
brown meat with peppers and onions, drain, add rest of ingredients simmer. All ingredients can be adjusted as you make it to taste.

2 comments:

  1. Nice job in the blog Carrie. I like your back page! Much better than my dumb book page. I might have to look into changing mine. When you have a chance, see if you can add a link to my blog page. I'll try adding yours to mine as well. Keep up the nice work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. Just click on the design and then remove the current picture. Then click the area where the pic was and it will bring up categories. There are other food pics! I will try to do the link.

    ReplyDelete